Specific Procurement Notice (SPN)
Government of Suriname
Reforming the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Project
Invitation for Supply and Installation of Distance Education Equipment and Related Services for the Polytechnic College (PTC) Suriname
Date: 17March 2017
Financing No: SUR0016-0017-0018
IFB No: SUR0016-17/01
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online under reference number 01-01/1514 and on the Islamic Development Bank’s Website on 26th October 2014.
- The Government of Suriname has received a financing from the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) in various currencies towards the cost of Reforming the Provision of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (R-TVET) Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Supply and Installation of Distance Education Equipment and Related Services for the Polytechnic College (PTC) Suriname.
3. The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of the Ministry of Education, Science and Culturenow invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply and Installation of Distance Education Equipment and Related Services for the Polytechnic College (PTC) Suriname (“the Goods and Related Services”).
4. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive bidding procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Works and Goods Under Islamic Development Bank Financing (May 2009, amended February 2012), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of the Project Coordination Unit of the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture at the address stated at the end of this documentduring office hours from 08:30AM till 15:30PM.
6. A complete set of bidding documents may be obtained by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 25, - at the address stated below. The documents will be sent via e-mail, or can be picked up at the address indicated below.
7. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the Islamic Development Bank Standard Bidding Documents: Procurement of Goods.
8. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 14:00PM on May 17th, 2017 and must be accompanied by a security of USD13.000, -
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 14:05PM on May 17th, 2017at the office of the Project Coordination Unit at the address stated below.
Project Coordination Unit
Rode Kruislaan 11A,
Tel: +(597) 499-808