REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
DEVELOP, REDESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CURRICULUM
Institution: Inter-American Development Bank
Project: Second Basic Education Improvement Program Phase II
Abstract: Develop, redesign and implementation of curriculum
Loan/Credit/Grant No.: 3603 OC-SU
Contract/Bid No. : MINOWC/2016/1CF
Deadline: December 13, 2016 00:00hrs
The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture (MOESC) has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), toward the cost of the Second Basic Education Improvement Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting service (“the Services”) has the objective to improve student learning and includes the following activities to be conducted in partnership with Suriname’s MOESC over the period 2017-2020:
- Development of grades 7 & 8 curriculum including development of learning materials, teacher guides and textbooks.
- Assessment and adjustment of existing grades 1-6 curriculum, including textbooks, learning materials and teacher training strategies.
- Training and coaching of teachers, principals and other relevant actors in the new grades 7 & 8 curriculum implementation.
- Continuous training and coaching of grades 1-6 teachers, principals and other relevant actors in curriculum implementation.
- Development and training in a STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) program
- Revision and improvements to student testing instruments and policies.
- Development of a strategy to inform lower secondary education reform to make it extension of basic education, curriculum framework review and stakeholders consultation.
- Capacity strengthening (training and coaching) of the MOESC’s Departments (Curriculum, Guidance, Inspectorate, Examinations/Testing) involved in the project
The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Only firms who can provide services in Dutch and English will be considered.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Inter-American Development Bank: Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by the Inter-American Development Bank GN-2350- 9 and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the policies.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. For the purpose of establishing the short list, the nationality of a firm is that of the country in which it is legally incorporated or constituted and in the case of Joint Venture, the nationality of the firm appointed to represent it.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method set out in the Consultant Policies.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours. 0900 to 1400 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by December 13, 2016.
Ministry of Education, Science and Culture
Second Basic Education Improvement Program
Rode Kruislaan 11A
Tel: +597 499808